[thelist] XML (not just XHTML) support in browsers

jvcwebdev jvcwebdev at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 11:59:56 CDT 2001

>> What versions of which browsers have XML (not just XHTML) support?

>All of them.
>
>But, what I think you're really asking is which browsers support XSLT. I
>believe that is IE5 and NN6.

I believe that only IE5 and NN6 support XML.  I think that IE4 supported it
if you installed a special service pack.  The two browsers deal with XML
differently.  IE5 returns a tree structure and NN6 just gives a mass of text
unless you call a style sheet to format the XML.

I think that so far XSLT is usually done server side.

-jeff van campen