[thelist] What is a good analogy for email aliases?

Chris George chrisg at gsnet.com
Fri Jun 22 14:11:16 CDT 2001

Hey.  Thanks everyone for their responses. We're prolly going to test out
call forwarding and PO Box.

And no, cracking out the dictionary doesn't really help out for the entire
process (which is a large part of the incomprehension).  An alternate what?
A pointer? Why?  What?  A pseudonym? Nome de plume?  Pen name, even?

It may as well be Greek.  They really do need something practical that
they've more than likely experienced that we can draw the analogy to.

Thanks though!

---
cdg