[thelist] Brain Addled Javascript....

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Fri Jun 22 17:49:53 CDT 2001

: From: Anthony Baratta
: The Function PreSelectMajors works great. But
: since it's in the href, the cursor "hangs" in
: the hour glass shape while waiting for something
: to "return". It clears itself as soon as you move
: the mouse, but I want to return to normal
: automatically.
: I checked the archives and saw the following format:

you missed this one which explains the cause and solution:

if this is going to be a visible link on the page that only provides
javascript-enabled functionality, may i suggest that you also set up the
link in such a way as to give non-js users an indication of why the link
isn't working for them.  you could accomplish this like so:

 onClick="yourFunction(); return false"

good luck,

jeff at members.evolt.org