[thelist] XML (not just XHTML) support in browsers

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 19:32:30 CDT 2001

> > >All of them.
> > >
> > >But, what I think you're really asking is which browsers support XSLT.
>I >believe that is IE5 and NN6.
> >
> > I believe that only IE5 and NN6 support XML.
>
>No. XML is text. I'm 99.9% sure that all browsers support text.

Responding to the spirit of the question: only IE5 and NN6 support XML. Of
course other browsers can download the file, but they can't do anything
useful with the fact that it's XML. No nitpicking, please <g>.

> > I think that so far XSLT is usually done server side.
>
>This is true. But, it's true becuase there is a lack of browser support.
>Like I said, only IE5 and NN6 support XSLT (though I don't know about the
>level of support).

NN6 doesn't support XSL, only IE5 does (and badly, if you're interested, see
my ancient report at http://www.netlinq.nl/interest/)

ppk