[thelist] for the ICANN watchers among us

Moe Rubenzahl moe at maxim-ic.com
Fri Jun 22 19:50:35 CDT 2001

>"If a significant number of Internet users were to simply
>point their machines to another root server, where would
>ICANN be?" Auerbach asked. "The only reason it has authority
>is because of inertia."

Corrected link for this article:

ICANN's power is troubling, especially given the quality and speed of
its decisions. The article talks about some of this.

The notion of a rebel uprising is interesting. If I were
independently wealthy, unseating ICANN and replacing it with a more
sensible body would be an interesting cause. That or getting rid of
those %@#!* "bugs" -- the little network logos on TV programs.