[thelist] ColdFusion CFFILE upload

Charles Wilson (h) me at charlesw.com
Sun Jun 24 04:14:52 CDT 2001

Jon, on my win2k system, I think it uploads to my C:\winnt\temp directory and then moves the file to
the directory is configured to use.

Here is why I think that- because when i upload files, and then reference the #form.fileupload#
field, it gives me a directory on my own pc.

Here's an example:

Processing code: (page was self- submitted with form fields carried through)
CFIF isdefined("form.image1")>
 <CFFILE filefield="form.image1" action="UPLOAD" destination="\\ComputerName\f$\uploads\"
nameconflict="skip">

Here is the display code:
 The file: <strong>#cffile.AttemptedServerFile#</strong> Was saved:
 File: #form.image1#<br>

Notice I reference the form field in the last line of the processing code?
Here is the display I get when I upload a file of the same name (different content):

The file: Was saved: NO
File: C:\WINNT\TEMP\ACF689.tmp

The referencing of the uploaded image as a TMP file makes me think NT downloads it to a temp
location and then sends it to the specified directory.  I'd like to know if you find anything more
concrete, so would you post a tip back up to the evolt list, or email me personally? thanks.

-charles