[thelist] PDFs and Netscape 6.01

sfmalo sfmalo at email.msn.com
Sun Jun 24 13:45:54 CDT 2001

Awhile back, I queried the List about PDFs not opening in Netscape 6.01.
Well, I just stumbled upon something yesterday. They do open now but do not
open if you're using Front Page AND you have target="blank" following the
PDF filename. Bizarre. I just removed several target="blank" statements from
a client's FP site, and all their PDFs now open. The only thing I can't
figure out when testing is that when I click on a PDF file link (on either a
hand-coded site or FP site), my computer uses Adobe Acrobat 4.0 to open the
files, rather than my Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Will be posting this to the FPlist as well for their information/input.

Head lolling to one side,
Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com