[thelist] Problem printing files from Fireworks 3

Roger Newbrook roger.newbrook at kmsoftware.com
Mon Jun 25 09:31:11 CDT 2001

I am using Fireworks 3 as a layout tool for interface designs for a site i
am working on at the moment, but when I try to print the files out (on an HP
LaserJet 8500) the colour balance is completely upside down.

Black and white are printed correctly, but colours are, almost but not
quite, inverted.

If I export from Fireworks and import the resultant files into Word, they
print out fine on the same printer. This is a quick fix, but unfortunately,
I am producing multi-framed .png files and have to export each frame
individually, which is a pain, rather than just being able to print 'all
frames' from within Fireworks.

This is a problem with both picture type images and vector graphics.

I have tried inverting the images, altering the colour balance to compensate
for the anomaly, overriding the printer's automatic colour profile and
substituting RGB or monitor specific profiles, to no avail. I have also had
a trawl around the web but cannot find anything relating to this.

has anyone else experienced this and if so what did they do about it, it's
driving me nuts!

thanks in anticipation

roger