[thelist] More Smart Tags

John Meyer john_meyer at geocities.com
Mon Jun 25 09:31:56 CDT 2001

> > would you say that same if it Netscape?  you might say yes, but I
> > think we're all letting our distaste for MS, and it's other
> > presence in
> > other markets, taint our perspectives here...
> What's the lists view on the other thorny issue of IE6.0 - the attitude
> to Graphic theft?
>
> <quote>
> Like a picture? Grab it!
> It's easier than ever to save, e-mail, and print pictures that you find
> on Web pages. Access and organize your saved pictures anytime in the My
> Pictures folder!
>
> The Image Toolbar feature allows you to quickly and easily save, e-mail,
> and print pictures that you find on Web pages. You can view all your
> saved pictures in the My Pictures folder. When you point to pictures on
> Web pages, the My Pictures toolbar appears, giving you instant access to
> My Pictures functions.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/preview/imgtoolbar/default.asp
>
> </quote>
>
> One more cool new technology to switch off?

Hasn't this (saving pictures) been around for quite a while?  I mean, saving
pictures off of web pages isn't the easiest thing to do, but I've been doing it
for quite a while.  Again, I just got out of Windows for the last time, so I
don't have to worry about these types of "features".  Who would guess that
Microsoft would be getting credit that lowers the needed IQ of web surfers even
more?