Saving Pictures (was Re: [thelist] More Smart Tags)

John Meyer john_meyer at geocities.com
Mon Jun 25 10:29:30 CDT 2001

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, you wrote:
> Two different conversations going on here:
>
> 1. Technical discussion re: does all of this violate the protection of
> intellectual property.

My personal spin on this is that, personally, I don't mind if people take the
art from my web site and use it on their own sites, or e-mail it, or whatever.
If that was my living, more than not I'd take much more precautions to protect
it.  That's not to say that it's the owner's fault if his work gets stolen, but
it does mean that you have to take steps.
On the technical side, I once read an article on ASP about how to use
binarywrite to write out the contents of a picture, without having to refer to
a file.   Would IE6 be able to use My pictures on that?