[thelist] More Smart Tags

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 10:30:05 CDT 2001

> If you're discussing closely held personal feelings, I agree
> wholeheartedly
> with you. I'm so old (and straightlaced) that I make my
> children address
> adults as 'sir' and 'maam' and don't allow them to use bad
> language (or use
> it myself.) Yes, somebody has to take responsibility, but I'm
> responsible
> for myself and my family, not for what Microsoft does. I'm
> not joining them,
> I'm just choosing not to pass judgement on anyone but myself.

I respect your viewpoint, I too take personal responsibilty.

I also feel helpless that indvidual responsibility doesn't do much to
help social responsibility.

I guess I'm looking for the kind of social responsibility that abolished
slavery and I'm disappointed when I don't see it anymore.

Perhaps the time has passed, perhaps the dawning of the age of aquarius
is really about anarchy after all.

Tip owed I think.