[thelist] Smart Tags- Go on the offensive, not defensive

Freda Lockert freda at appleonline.net
Mon Jun 25 19:24:36 CDT 2001

>Let me narrow it down some.
>  If they modify you site without your permission, wouldn't that be an
>infringement of your copyright or your
>Intellectual Property? They are modifying what is not theirs to modify.
>Or, can they be billed per user click from your site like a banner ad
>because that is essentially what it is.
>I might be simple-minded, but to me the infringement and/or the billing is
>staring one right in the face. If Billy Gates is making money on it, why
>can't we. We are being used as the vehicle for the link/ad. Or am I missing
>something?

Plausible but ... I'm in UK, someone in Oz is looking at my site with
Smart Tags showing. Who has jurisdiction? Do I sue M$, through our
High Court, Court of Appeal and House of Lords?

On the other hand, maybe I could charge M$ and set the unpaid bill
against tax??

Freda
--
Spaceship Earth: The problem for the passengers is that there is no
manual to identify all the parts, and no instructions on how to