[thelist] More E-Commerce Questions (Liability, Encryption)

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 13:13:41 CDT 2001

If you use XML to attach to a gateway (e.g.: AuthorizeNet) and store the transactions
there, wouldn't that place liability with the gateway? Then you wouldn't be keeping
numbers anywhere on your site or databases, and all the gateways use SSL encryption for
their connections.

I use Miva Merchant and Authorizenet, and I disallow storage of the cardnumbers locally.

/rg