[thelist] ADC and FTP on Win2K Advanced Server

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 13:46:16 CDT 2001

Can anyone make this simple for me? I have found numerous "solutions" to this problem all
over the web, and no two seem to be the same (and none seem to be satisfactory
solutions.)

After promoting my Win2K Advanced Server to an Active Directory Controller, ftp accounts
no longer work. While twiddling with the many solutions I've seen, none seem to answer
the question directly. Is it an issue with Local permissions? Global? Universal? Groups?
The FTP operator account?

I'm really frazzled over this one. I'm not trying to be complex and have people log in
directly to their folder or anything, just controllable permissions would be fine.

Thanks in advance

/rg