[thelist] First post - NT/Asus question

Superior Information Systems bill at super-info.com
Tue Jun 26 15:38:16 CDT 2001

I've been following along and notice that there are a lot of Windows system
types out there - and here is the problem I've been having:

Trying to install NT4.0 onto a machine with an ASUS CUSL2 with the Intel
815E chip set - with a Pentium III processor. There is no IDE drive, it's
4xSCSI drives on an Adaptec 29160 SCSI - but I keep crashing off the first
three disks. The motherboard manual says you need WinNT4.0 with SP3 or
better, so then I replaced the files on those initial disks with newer ones
from SP4, like ntkrnlmp.exe, hal486c.dll, halapic.dll, halmca.dll, and stuff
off disk 2 like fastfat.sys, setupdd.sys etc. The blue screen I get with
original setup disks says INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, and with the newer file
I actually get a kernel load off the diskettes, and then a system
shutdown... Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill