[thelist] designed challenged

Daniel S. O'Shea doshea at surfree.com
Wed Jun 27 19:40:01 CDT 2001

Question on Verdana and fonts in general. In getting into web design, I, and
we, all learned that certain fonts were universal on systems. Arial,
Courier, Times New Roman, etc. But I haven't heard much over the web
concerning present day use of font types.

Are there more fonts, possibly such as Verdana, that are on a good
percentage of PC's and MAC's out there now? (Maybe 90-95%) So that we don't
have to worry as much about the font type we use these days?

I've heard of, I believe the term is 'nested' fonts, where the font is
called and downloaded, but I'd rather just use the fonts most prevalent on a
high percentage of units.

Dan O.