[thelist] javax.servlet.* problem

Scott Brady dsbrady at scottbrady.net
Wed Jun 27 20:02:32 CDT 2001

I'm having problems using JRun, but I think my problem isn't dependent upon
JRun.

I'm trying to compile a servlet, which has the following lines at the top:

import java.io.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

When I try to compile the .java file, I get errors saying that neither
package (javax.servlet or javax.servlet.http) exist.

I've looked online, and everything seems to say make sure that servlet.jar
(and possibly parser.jar) are in your classpath folder (jdk1.3.1\lib\) and
they are.  But the files still aren't compiling.

Is there something else I could be forgetting?  or some other way to
diagnose it?

Thanks!

Scott