[thelist] 2 events one onClick?

The Optimizer chrism at puffofsmoke.net
Thu Jun 28 06:02:08 CDT 2001

> is it possible to have to things happen on the one onCLick?  I
> have one that
> checks a form for correctness.  If its correct it just submits the details
> in the form and leaves them there.  What I want to do is submit
> the details
> and redirect to thank you page all on the one onClick.  My current JS
> function ends with a return true which I think triggers the form
> to be sent
> so I cant interfere with that or the form wont be sent (?).

Are you using POST or GET? I would be inclined to submit the information,
process it on the server and then redirect to a thank you page from the
server-side script. If the form action is the page itself, I guess you could
use POST and GET simultaneously by having:

action="thisPage.cgi?sub=yes"

and then having a javascript statement that checks the querystring
(document.location.search) and if it returns "?sub=yes" redirects
(document.location = "xxx.htm") to the thank you page. I can't really think
of any reason to do this if you have access to server side scripting, and if
not you can't process the data on the server.

Oh well, I hope my gibbering is of some help...

Regards

Chris Marsh