[thelist] Site check--strange table spacing in Netscape 4.7, fine in 4.76

Svee, Eric eric.svee at attws.com
Thu Jun 28 10:19:39 CDT 2001

One of the sites I work on is http://www.care.iatt.com. The top navigation
section has a form field which has an arrow gif used to submit queries.
Everything looks fine on my machines but on other machines that I view it on
the arrow graphic is placed underneath the search field.  It looks as though
the table cell isn't large enough and is dropping the arrow below the search
box--however, Table Width is set to 100%.

The other crazy thing is that if you perform a search, the results page
looks fine on ALL machines--it's the only one that's 100%.  And to make that
even more strange the component that it uses is shared across multiple pages
of the site, all of which show signs of the problem (the navigation is a
series of server side includes).

The configuration of my boxes is:
P3, 512 Mg Ram
Windows NT 4--Service Pack 6
NS 4.76
IE 5.5
Sun 21" CRT monitor

Sun Ultra 60
Netscape 4.7

Other machines that I have viewed it on are running
Windows 98 and/or NT
Dell 17", 19" and 21" inch screens.

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Eric