[thelist] Writing and Retrieving info from COM objects using Cold Fusion

David Shadovitz david_shadovitz at xontech.com
Thu Jun 28 10:58:10 CDT 2001

Matt,

You need to write CFML code which accesses the object's method and
properties.  Do you have information about the object, or perhaps code
in a language other than CFML which makes use of the object?

BTW, <cfobject="com"> won't do much of anything; you need to point to
the object!  The best site for learning about CF and COM is CF Comet,
www.cfcomet.com.  It doesn't have anything on your particular object,
but it will show you the ropes.

-David

Matt wrote:
> I am trying to write and query information from a COM object. The COM
object
> has been written in Delphi and is in the form of a exe., or a dll but
most
> likely a dll. I am wondering if all I need to do is define the object,

> <cfobject ="com"> and then write from a form post information to the
COM
> object. I am hoping I can do the same when I need to query and display

> information from the object. Basically, it is as simple and querying a
DB