[thelist] IIS, Cookies and html pages

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Thu Jun 28 12:46:00 CDT 2001

I've been looking through the docs for IIS 5, and I can't seem to
figure out if there's a way to use cookies with static HTML files to
track visitors through the site.

I have a client who is interested in getting "click trails" for users
and "entry pages". They've been using WebTrends in the past, but have
changed their hosting. They own their server, and have the
flexibility to do whatever they want, so any suggestions would be
helpful.

Right now, I'm just grabbing their log files and running them through
Analog. I don't believe there's a way to generate click trail reports
and entry page reports in Analog though. Cookies seem to be the way
to do this (presumably).

Do I have to tell them to buy WebTrends and install it on the server,
or is there another way?

bob
--

bob davis