[thelist] Microsoft Break-up overturned

databarn databarn at airmail.net
Thu Jun 28 13:41:25 CDT 2001

Good link, 408KB pdf file.

_______________________________________
From:	Scott Brady [dsbrady at scottbrady.net]
To:	evolt [thelist at lists.evolt.org]
Subject:	[thelist] Microsoft Break-up overturned
Time:	6/28/2001 at 11:31AM

http://cnnfn.cnn.com/2001/06/28/microsoft_file/decision.pdf

(I have yet to get this PDF to actually show up, so either it's really big
[I'm at 24k right now, ugh] or the link is bad).

Basically, the Court said that Microsoft did violate anti-trust laws with
their OS monopoly.  The overturned the ruling on the Browser monopoly.  The
case is headed back to lower courts for proper remedies (since the breakup
was overturned).  And Judge Jackson has been removed from the case.

Scott