ads with soundtracks are anti-usability (was Re: [thelist] meta tag for charset=iso-8859-1)

Joe Crawford jcrawford at
Thu Jun 28 17:33:01 CDT 2001

Joshua Olson wrote:
> The very fact that you mentioned the product name, Intel, is proof that the
> ad got your attention.  So, I guess it worked.  :)  Though you may be right,
> effective ads are not usually subtle for a reason.

It's a fine line between obnoxious and attention-getting. It seems to me
that thumping bass with tech specs might be a good thing - for AMD.

	- Joe <>
...................  Joe Crawford \\ Web Design & Development
.....  mailto:jcrawford at \\
.... San Diego \\ CA \\ USA \\ AVENCOM: Set Your Sites Higher