[thelist] designed challenged (why do small fonts look 'cooler'? Because they pixelize)

Charles Wilson (h) me at charlesw.com
Thu Jun 28 21:12:18 CDT 2001

The reason small text is 'cooler' is this: Pixelization.

Fonts such as Arial or Verdana sized at 10pt. Pixelizes- creating a chunky effect on the rounding of
characters. Since current design still likes the idea of going back to the old days of chunky,
small, console- like text, it is cool.

-charles