[thelist] optimization tips for FW4 popup menu code in netsca pe 4.76 on NT?

Boerner, Brian J brian.j.boerner at lmco.com
Fri Jun 29 11:26:43 CDT 2001

this is soooooooooooooooo timely

Check out your cache while this happens - it's not pretty :^/
furthermore if a corp intranet person is on the same site for a day or week
without shutting down or quitting browser the cache will overrun system
capacity *even* though you have preset limit defined in your prefs

we have a Policy site where this is the typical user experience

why does FW need to load the menu to cahce *every single* page refresh or

Will some MM rep please address this as we'd LOVE to implement this code on
this huge site

OR point me in a direction so I can solve this on my own

any ideas???