[thelist] SQL In need of Optimization....

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Jun 29 12:56:13 CDT 2001

At 02:08 AM 6/29/2001, you wrote:
>forgive me, i'm still a SQL beginner, but whats wrong with doing  'IN
>(1,2,3)' as a set, rather than an 'AND same statement in 1, AND same
>statement in 2,.........

Alistair....

This is a great solution if you are looking for an OR type relationship,
but not an AND type relationship. Using IN without using the group
by/having stuff that rudy brought up will include all colleges that have at
least one hit.  I needed all colleges that met all the criteria not just
one of the many.

Thanks!

----
Anthony Baratta