[thelist] oops - sorry for the wob

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Sat Jun 30 13:41:12 CDT 2001

At 2:28 PM -0400 6/30/01, you wrote:

>At 1:08 AM -0700 6/30/01, farhang kosary wrote:
>
>>I wanna to sign off form this thelist
>>anybody can tell me how to get out from
>>this thelist
>>
>>thanks
>
>Hi Farhang,
>
>I have unsubscribed you from thelist.

Shoot.

Oh, well. I guess I owe a tip.

<tip type="setting up Anaolg">
When you're setting up Analog to do domain resolution, make sure 1)
that you really do need to resolve all those IPs, and 2, that you
have the DNS option set to WRITE in your analog.cfg file. It will
create a cache file that is checked first before it goes looking to
your DNS server.

Analog will create a DNS cache that contains the information for the
IP's it finds. If it can't find one, it looks it up through the
server, and writes the results of that nslookup to the cache file.

It makes things a lot faster, and doesn't stress the DNS server.
</tip>

And, of course, always check the "To:" line before sending. :)

bob

--

bob davis
bobd at members.evolt.org