[thelist] Navigator 6 problems

freda.lockert freda.lockert at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 1 04:31:05 CDT 2001

>> I would appreciate help with the following problem. Our site,
>> http://selkirkloop.org displays floating layers correctly using NN
>> 4.7x (Mac & PC) and IE 4.5-5.5 (PC) and IE 4.5-5.0 (Mac). However,
>> with NN 6.0 the layers are dumped to the bottom of the page. This is
>> also apparent at http://selkirkloop.org/dotheloop/towns.html. Are
>> there any changes which will make these pages compatible with NN 6?
>> Thanks for any insight into this problem. Please respond
>> directly...digest member.

Hi Gary

Are you using GL4 or 5? Adobe have issued a patch for GL5 to fix exactly
this problem.

Macintosh Download: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/886e.htm
Windows Download: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/8872.htm

Separately, I've experimented with deleting everything in the <.csaction>
tags, and everthing still works - but what I've done so far is pretty
simple.

Cheers.
Freda

Spaceship Earth: The problem for the passengers is that there is no
manual to identify all the parts, and no instructions on how to operate
the spaceship. -Richard Buckminster Fuller.