[thelist] e-com packages

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 16:04:55 CDT 2001

I agree about Miva also. I had to completely modify the code, and also use an sql
database in parallel to Miva's just to be able to carry information beyond the few fields
of data that Miva will allow. And what I had do is to build the store in ASP, then hand
off shopping cart functions to Miva becuase their storefront scripting is so linear.

It's good for turnkey stores if you don't care about the creative product. But for true
control of the interface, Miva doesn't seem to want to play.

Here's my hacked implementation of Miva. (Beware: some R-rated content on site.)

http://www.12-20art.com

Hope that helps.

/rg