[thelist] Designing in other languages (German/Japanese)

J J squid_66 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 11:02:33 CDT 2001

I managed a project for an american/japanese women's
portal (hate that term) that worked out very well.

Most of the staff were American while we had the
content provided by the folks in Tokyo.

We utilized a graphical navigation and were actually
able to get away with English navigation, from what we
were told, this was perfectly fine.

Content was written in both English and Japanese then
based on member profile or selection, we displayed the
appropriate language.

Get yourself familiar with double-byte char encoding
as well as finding tools that can handle such char
sets.  Otherwise it's a mess.

Not sure about the German side.

If you need further assistance or would like further
consultation for this phase, please let me know.

--- "Shaun M. Anderson" <ShaunAnderson at smarttech.com>