[thelist] Designing in other languages (German/Japanese)

J J squid_66 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 11:43:02 CDT 2001

Yes, most of the navigation elements are in English.
Navigation or basic instructions were ok to be left in
English (for Japanese anyway) I'm not sure that is the
case with German.

Dreamweaver seemed to handle it just fine as well as
Interdev.

We made sure to keep the programming seperate from the
content for this very reason.  Otherwise if you use
software that destroys the character set, you end up
with garbage.

As you can see from the other comments, this is
something to be taken very seriously if this is a
corporate or commercial site.  I've got people
available to assist, design and even translate if need
be.  One person involved in the project works for a
German corporation so he may have insight as well.

Feel free to contact me offline to discuss further.

--- "Shaun M. Anderson" <ShaunAnderson at smarttech.com>