[thelist] Linux flavor

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Fri Jul 6 00:07:52 CDT 2001

Regarding Red Hat 7.1 ... I have two hard drives, one with Win2K on
it, the other just waiting for Red Hat ... during the install, I set
up my partitions with Disk Druid (used graphical install option) ...
to my consternation it overwrote my MBR. I reinstalled Win 2K, and
went through the RH installer three times looking for the option on
where to install LILO, but I swear to god, it's not there. I then
tried the "expert" install and once I'd chosen my mouse, keyboard,
etc, it popped into the screen of the graphical installer that asks
what type of installation I want to do.

My Linux experience is just messing with GNOME on a partitionless
install, but I really don't see where I'm going wrong ...

Disk Druid doesn't see my second hard drive unless I've set up a
(unformatted) partition in Windows ... would this be normal?

I really want to jump on the Linux bandwagon, but am having trouble ...
--

- Erik Mattheis

Apparently a Triple Scorpio.

(612) 827 3963