[thelist] [fwd] Netscape Testers Please

Kevin Raleigh krr at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 6 01:19:52 CDT 2001

This message was held by thelist software and
is being manually forwarded by a list admin.
Please remember to send emails in plain-text
format only, or they will not reach thelist
until it is later forwarded by a list admin.

Ran your site thru the 4,73, 6.0, 4.0 and the 4.5 NN browsers and didn't =
get any flaky responses.

I would like to make a recommendation thou! :-)

Your reface site is using gifs for all the door images.
Jpeg's should be the format used for complex images of this nature.
Using gifs creates larger files and a loss in colors available.
If you convert the originals to jpeg and can easily compress them to 25% =
of there original
size.

I ran a quick test with my graphics app and got some really good results =

compressing the gifs. As I am sure you know taking a gif and compressing =
it
to the jpeg format gives extremely poor results.
One thing I would take note of thou, And that fonts seem to do better =
with the gif format
and not the jpeg format.=20

I came across a script the other day that is pretty incredible in it's =
ability
to do most anything you can image. A tool tip.
This script that was pointed out to me a few days ago.
It would allow you to maximise the information delivered while improving =
the
quality of the experience.   An opinion of course!

If your interested in the full dialog try this link, It is pretty =
informative:
http://freewarejava.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/003796.html

The script in question, If you don't already use something similar!
http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/   Tool tips for all occasions

I would personally load the script from the index page as it is quite =
abit smaller.
 Of course if they by passed the index page then I would still have the=20
external link in the doors page.

Hopefully some helpful insight..

Kevin