[thelist] DSN Less to DSN (XML thanks to all)

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 11:12:40 CDT 2001

Hi Faye

Why do you want to go from DSNless to DSN?

To make the change you'll need to:  change all references to your connection
string to point at the DSN instead.  So:

yourRS.Open sql, connectionString, , ,adCmdTable

becomes

yoursRS.Open sql, "dsnName", , , adCmdTable

Ideally you'll have your connection string in an include, in which case just
alter the include so that the connection string variable now simply has the
DSN in it.

Your host will have to have the DSN set up for you.  Most hosting companies
will provide atleast one.  Probably the same name as your user name (which
tends to be the same as the domain name).  Ask them and they'll tell you
what it is.

HTH

Norman