[thelist] XML - will it be big?

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Fri Jul 6 11:25:36 CDT 2001

> From: "Christopher Orth - HQ" <corth at casey.org>
> Subject: RE: [thelist] XML - will it be big?
>

> Well, I would venture to say that XML is already big!

Yes. It's used a lot already.

But, what I think that professor was talking about was the future widespread
support of client-side XML/XSLT. Most likely, client-side XML/XSLT will
follow the pattern CSS did. How many of you used CSS two years ago like you
do today? I remember that I only used it for our Intranet applications where
everyone used the same browser (IE4). Today, well, look at the evolt.org
site. CSS has changed from a feature for the newest browser to an assumed
feature which should degrade nicely for those few who don't have support.
It's likely XML/XSLT will follow the same pattern. So, the "really big" to
which the professor was referring is most likely with client-side XML/XSLT
in mind.

Thanks,

--
mattwarden