[thelist] ecommerce quick question

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Fri Jul 6 14:44:19 CDT 2001

> From: <tss24 at cornell.edu>
> Subject: [thelist] ecommerce quick question
>

> my client doesn't have an ecommerce type package
> installed on his server that would allow for credit
> card validation and authentication.
>
> my question is, can't we do this with ASP anyways? we
> wouldn't need special components installed, would we?

Well, no, not alone. You could verify that it follows certain rules, but you
couldn't verify that the user had a real credit account or that there are
sufficient funds. You would need another service, such as CyberCash's
services, to do this. You can interface with CyberCash with ASP, but ASP
alone can't do it.

HTH,

--
mattwarden