[thelist] Subject: Re: ColdFusion and PhP

jon steele jjsteele22 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 18:40:09 CDT 2001

>so risk-based pricing would suggest that CF hosting
>might be a bit cheaper.

You'd think so, but it isn't :). A coldfusion host with access db and
ok mb is around $60 CDN, whereas you can get a php host with mysql for
$10 CDN (maybe even less).

>But Richard, don't all those other things abstract the actual workings
>too? Hell, even SQL's an abstraction layer, and every layer of the
>TCP/IP stack is an abstraction layer.

I understand what Richard means. PHP is not down to the core, but it
gives you more control than ColdFusion.

In my opinion, PHP is the best way to go, but there is still more
demand for ASP (which IMHO is the only thing asp has going). :P

Jon.