[thelist] Subject: Re: ColdFusion and PhP

Chris Evans chris at fuseware.com
Sat Jul 7 19:05:14 CDT 2001

I think both PHP and CF are good alternatives.  I've never used PHP, but
I've heard good things about it.  I think CF ( and ASP) are both more
"corporate" alternatives, where PHP is more used by individuals.  Doing a
lot of work for a major e-commerce brand that uses CF, I find that
open-source alternatives are not as widely accepted as CF.  I also feel that
CF gives you tremedous power, while encapsulating a lot of the tedious work
behind the scenes.  And with CF's move into a more Java-compatible paradigm,
I think it is going to get a lot more powerful.

Of course, it does cost more than $0.00, so there is that hurdle.

Chris Evans
chris at fuseware.com
http://www.fuseware.com