[thelist] SMTP service on IIS

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Mon Jul 9 06:47:01 CDT 2001

Hi folks,

I find myself needing to use the MS SMTP server in conjunction with Jmail to
enable mail queuing. The problem is that on our NT4 based server running
Small Business Server (and Service Pack 4) IIS hasn't installed the service.

Can anyone advise on the best way of upgrading the IIS installation so that
the SMTP service is included? I've tried running the install routine from
the original disk, but it seems to want to reinitialise the installation - I
don't get an option to install new components.

Alternatively we have Exchange 5.5 running on the same machine - is there an
equivalent SMTP pickup directory to C:\InetPub\mailroot\pickup under
Exchange?

Cheers

.steve

Steve Cook