[thelist] Linux vs. FreeBSD

Jay Greenspan jay at trans-city.com
Mon Jul 9 12:32:33 CDT 2001

On Monday, July 9, 2001, at 01:12 PM, Johnny Lam wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong but MacOSX only runs on Apple systems right?

There are efforts to port Darwin to x86, though I'm not sure how far
along they are. This port would just be the UNIX underpinnings. The GUI
aint open source.

Another thing to consider in the Linux vs. BSD decision: It seems that
quite a few more peripherals (modems, NICs, etc) have Linux drivers than
you'll find on BSD. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on this.

-j