[thelist] Installing ActivePerl

Rob Oviatt applebyweb at nb.aibn.com
Mon Jul 9 13:38:03 CDT 2001

I've been trying to get some CGI scripts to work on our web site with no
success.  Come to find out Perl isn't installed.

So I'm going to install ActivePerl on our server (NT4sp6, IIS).  After
reading much on the ActivePerl web site I think I can handle the
installation, but I'm still fairly new to maintaining a server and if I get
into trouble, I won't have much in the way of experience to fall back on.

Is the installation of ActivePerl fairly straight forward?  Any common
pitfalls I should look out for?

Rob Oviatt

Web Developer / Typesetter
Appleby Color Lab