[thelist] issue with templates in dreamweaver

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Mon Jul 9 14:42:19 CDT 2001

> From: "Bill Haenel" <bill at webmarketingworx.com>
> Subject: RE: [thelist] issue with templates in dreamweaver

> I can't set it to "/index.html", since I have several sites that I work
on,
> and my web server finds the site root at one level above all of the
> directories I am working in. However, to make it work when it's live, it
> must be site root relative.
>
> Very annoying, especially since the idea behind templates is to reduce
> updating time on multiple pages. There must be some way around this.

You should try a technique similar to the one outlined in this article:
http://www.evolt.org/article/rating/18/13138/index.html

If you're not on a MacOSX, you can apply the same concept. Windows has a
hosts file in C:\WINDOWS or C:\WINNT I believe and that does the same thing.

HTH,

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com