[thelist] prev and next [ Anthony Baratta]and (Kim Bonfils) Thanx

Kevin Raleigh krr at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 9 16:14:52 CDT 2001

>Message: 28
>From: "Ornstein, Ian" <IanOrnstein at NC.SLR.com>
>To: "'thelist at lists.evolt.org'" <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
>Subject: RE: [thelist] prev and next  [ Anthony Baratta]
>Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:04:05 -0400
>charset="iso-8859-1"

I see what you mean about the style differences.

I think I might give the style "? BSD ?"  a chance.

I was able to work out the next() function with some help
 ****   Re: prev and next (Kim Bonfils)  ****     *** Thanx's ***

What they showed me was:
var ind=0
 function next()
{
 if(ind<thepages.length-1)
    {
 top.main.location=thepages[ind+1]
 ind++
    }
 }

What I was trying to do was use:
if(ind<thepages.length)

I didnt' take into account that the count for the array was 5 and the index
for the last page in the array was 4 :-(

Anyway I just have the last item to resolve now. That is why the code works
for one set of files but another.

The first example won't navigate back to page one but the second one will.
The only difference that I can see is that the folders are constructed
different. One is using a flat file folder setup and the other is using
folders three deep.

The easy answer is to put all the files into one folder, But the number of
files involved makes it exceedingly difficult to keep track of everything.

I setup the first folder two emulate my websites layout for one demo and in
the second demo I used a flat file approach. No Folders!

Can you tell me why one works and the other doesn't?
http://home.netcom.com/~krr/navigation/

Thank You
Kevin
NOTE: both folders contain just the essentials.