[thelist] Suggestions on scrollable window

Brad Miller brad at beldamar.com
Mon Jul 9 16:59:49 CDT 2001

I am working on a site that is going to have a scheduling system. And this
scheduling system needs to fit within my design. I can't really change the
design because this is what the client wants. Anyway, I have made my design
fit 640x480. And the schedule is much much longer than 640 so I need to be
able to scroll horizontally without losing all of my buttons when you scroll
to the right.

I thought about using frames but it just won't work with the design. So I am
back to using iframes and ilayers.
I can figure out the iframes no problem and they work great. But the ilayers
just don't work well. I also don't know if ilayers will work for this
because I can't get a scroll bar in the ilayer. Maybe it isn't possible.

After exhausting all of the sites I could find on using ilayers I still have
no idea how to make them work. They either don't show up, are thrown out
into BFE, or nothing but the ilayer shows up.

http://www.scheduleaplane.com/layertest.html
If you look at this in IE you will see what it should look like.

Can anyone suggest a better/easier way to do this?
Or can anyone help me get these damn things figured out?

Thanks,
Brad Miller
702-438-7660
www.rapidfx.com