[thelist] Mailto Forms

JenniferE at mif.com JenniferE at mif.com
Tue Jul 10 07:09:34 CDT 2001

I am used to using ColdFusion for forms and hosting myself at work.  So now I need to email an  online application form using another host.  I know I can use the regular mailto with enctype="text/plain" to get it pretty legible.  But when I tried
this I got a pop up saying the info was not encrypted, etc. (at least in IE).  There will be some confidential financial info being transmitted, so I definitely don't want this to pop up.  I have not used cgi before nor do I know about using host cgi
bins.  So...

-Is this my only fairly simplistic option?
-Does using cgi provide for security?
-(and now for the really beginner's question) If I have to use the host's cgi bin, does that mean you FTP (something else new for me) to a different directory - they are using Bellsouth.

Thanks so much!!!!!

Jennifer