[thelist] SQL Server smalldatetime field problems

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Tue Jul 10 11:20:25 CDT 2001

Pints are good Norman - wrap them up in brown paper and send them along to
me here in Sweden ;-)

Yeah - I know. That's a tip!

<tip type="SQL wrappers">
If you're programming in PHP, or any language that uses different functions
for different databases then you may want to look into using SQL wrappers to
make your code more portable.

The idea is that you use an include file containing a set of simple
functions designed to get data in and out of your favourite database. Call
the functions standard things like "getSelect()" and use those throughout
your application instead of functions like "mysql_query()". That way if you
(or someone else) need to port the code to a new database, you can simply
write a new set of wrappers for the appropriate database, leaving the rest
of the code untouched.

You'll find lots of wrapper libraries for existing databases on the web if
you look around.

</tip>

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com