[thelist] Auto start PC web cdrom

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 10 15:32:42 CDT 2001

> From: Nick Senior <concaflagration at mac.com>
>
> A client asked me to make a CDROM of the site I just made for them.
> MAC/PC hybrid. For some odd reason win 2000 (I think) drops the file
> extention from the file names. Through a web browser, all links work
> fine. However that means that the:

it's not dropping them, it's hiding them... adjust your view in
Windows Explorer to show all file extensions...

> [autorun]
> open=index.html
>
> Script I am using wont work since it points to ³index.html² instead of
> ³index² am I doing something wrong with the auto run script or is
> there something wrong with the autorun script? The mac version works
> just peachy (as usual :) ) but I can¹t get the site to run
> automatically upon insertion of the CD on a PC. Help, please? You can
> email me personally at: buzzgfx at mac.com or just reply.

it's not working because you can't launch a browser, let alone a
.html page, from the 'open' command in an autorun file...

this thread has been discussed regularly, but since i think you
thought it was something else, i'll save you a trip to thelist
archives...

go here:
http://duckware.com/freeware.html

read this: