[thelist] Migrating a big site out of frames

Cory Preus cory_preus at cnt.com
Wed Jul 11 09:04:13 CDT 2001

> why would you go to iframes?  less support with all the caveats of
> real frames, except URLs?

Our internal standard is one browser...thus less support isn't an issue
since all of our intranet users use IE 5.X. I'm well aware of the caveats,
but it seems as if it would soften some of the problems until we do the big
overhaul.

> - make every frame document, other than the content frame, an
> include file...

Well, yes, however, I don't know if I'm too keen on the idea of making .HTML
suffixes parsed docs. Then again, every static document would need to be
parsed anyway to add the includes. Plus it is only temporary. Maybe it isn't
so bad. Good call Aardvark.