[thelist] Templates

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 11 10:40:24 CDT 2001

> From: Peter Kaulback <pkaulbak at idirect.ca>
>
> I'm creating a template for a customer who wants to do their own
> updates.  I've done templates for myself but the client is still
> shopping for an editor/authoring program so should I be on the lookout
> for any possible glitches in a template's design?  Should CSS be used
> internally or externally?  I have a gut feeling the client will choose
> FrontPage, likely the latest too as I believe his wife has Office XP.

linked CSS... less chance of them messing it up, and more likely
that it will stay consistent throughout the site...

i'd push them to DreamWeaver, since it's probably the best
WYISWYG out there (although it *is* a WYSIWYG) and its
handling of templates is pretty keen...

make sure the client understands the caveats with FP...