[thelist] Templates

Schaz schaz at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jul 11 10:48:51 CDT 2001

I've just finished a contract where as part of my job I had to create
templates (in FP2000) for news bulletins (SOE of the place is M$). The
templates utilised SSI, linked CS & JS files. Other than the clunky way FP
saves templates (1 folder & 3 files in the profile directory of the user)
it wasn't that bad.

I *LOATHE* FP code with a vengeance but a few things had to be taken into
consideration with this task:
1. SOE of department - ALL microshaft
2. users who have little-or-no web design experience (and have only usually
done a 1 day FP course)
3. I attempted to make a word template to save as a web page but the code
was soooo bloated it was impossible.

The help files are pretty ok with describing how to create a FP template.

HTH
Schaz

At 01:26 AM 12/07/01, you wrote:
>I'm creating a template for a customer who wants to do their own
>updates.  I've done templates for myself but the client is still shopping
>for an editor/authoring program so should I be on the lookout for any
>possible glitches in a template's design?  Should CSS be used internally
>or externally?  I have a gut feeling the client will choose FrontPage,
>likely the latest too as I believe his wife has Office XP.  I don't want
>to stretch myself thin.
>Peter Kaulback

)O(
Giggles & Moonbeams
Schaz

- Get a taste for religion, Lick a Witch!

Please click on the sites below - they need your help!
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
http://www.thehungersite.com
http://www.therainforestsite.com
http://www.thekidsaidssite.com